Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Gimp Has Left the Building!

Lake FINALLY got her cast off of her leg!!! This is at the Doctors office right before they cut it off! Her ankle was tender for a few days until her tendons stretched back out. But she was walking on it the next day! She still has a little limp, but she runs and jumps and wrestles with Summer, so I guess she's back to normal!
This was the GROSS part! Her little foot and leg were so crusty! And her leg hair on that leg matched her Daddy's! I'm not sure why it was so much longer and darker, but I'm sure it will go back to normal! She could not wait for a bubble bath! Lake is our "water baby" and she had not be fully submersed in water in 2 MONTHS! I would lay her across the kitchen counter to wash her hair and then we would move the rest of her in, except her cast! So when bath time finally arrived we made it extra special! She picked out her own Tinkerbell bubble bath, a new loofah, and a Pedi-brush to scrub her crusty foot! We got it all scrubbed off and her little foot is so smooth!
Now she's a happy camper! She's back to her old self and she doesn't even complain about her leg anymore! Although John and I are a little more cautious about how ruff she plays, she's not! All's Well That Ends Well!

No comments: