Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let the Celebrations Begin!

October is a very special month! It is the month that holds MY BIRTHDAY! Being an "only child", the youngest grandchild, and just a plain spoiled rotten, my birthdays always lasted the whole month of October. As a kid, I had a family party, a school party, and usually a church party! Now that I'm an adult the celebrations have tamed...a little. Now the tradition has passed down to my kids! Since I was a baby, Mom has always invited all of my Aunts and Uncles over for dinner and birthday cake!






So on Saturday they all came to Nana and Papaws house for, you guessed it...dinner and birthday cake! It's always nice to see all my Ol' Aunts and Uncles! I'm glad my kids get to share in this tradition!

Uncle Chub and Sissy got the girls piggy banks for Christmas. So now, whenever they see them, they "help" them fill them up! The girls really ENJOY that!



"Happy Birthday Mama!"

Nana made me a yummy chocolate cake and Summer, Lake and even Sky helped put the sprinkles on! Lake made the beautiful sign to put on top of the cake!

Good Ol' MOM! She always let's me rest and "babies" me! My birthdays would never have been so special if it wasn't for all of her efforts! Love ya Mom!

After everyone left we took turns taking naps (farm naps are the BEST!), then packed up and headed home! It was a fun relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

The Hatfield's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!!