Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm 31 Already?

Today I am really, technically, officially, full fledged in my 30's! Being 30 didn't count because it was still close to 29, but 31 is for real! Since I'm getting old and my memory will be fading soon, I thought I would write 31 things about ME!

1. I love to travel! When I worked as a travel consultant, we were able to get awesome deals for some fun trips! I miss seeing new places! One day I hope to see more of the world!

2. I love to exercise, but I'm not much of a self motivator. I can lead other people, but if I don't have a "buddy" I can easily occupy my time with other things!

3. I have 3 beautiful, healthy, strong daughters that I thank my Heavenly Father for everyday!

4. I have been leading an exercise class 3 mornings a week for the last 4 years! I've had to take a little time off for giving birth and house floods, but for the most part it has been pretty consistent!
5. I am an "Only Child".


6. I really don't enjoy cooking! I do it because I have to, but there really is no thrill!
7. I obsess over money! It consumes my mind! I'm afraid it's just in my DNA!
8. I really prefer Honda or Toyota cars.
9. I'm not sure if I have a "favorite" food, but I prefer anything my Mom cooks the most. It would have to be a 3-way tie between:
*1. Steak, Baked potato and okra,
*2. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn, or
*3. Pork chops, fried potatoes and green beans
Can you tell that we live in the South? You didn't see me listing of any salads, did ya?
10. I love water! I love the views, the activities, and the peacefulness it can bring!


11. John and I have been happily married for 11 years! We were married in the Chicago Temple on July 13, 1996.

12. I don't like the desert! I love big lush green trees, green grass, the bright colored leaves in the fall! I love rolling hills and beautiful lakes and rivers!
13. I really fear making wrong decisions. I am always extremely cautious! Some times it can be crippling!
14. Last year, when our house flooded, we were out of our home for 14 weeks. We stayed with John's parents for the first 2 week until we knew what our insurance was going to do. Then we moved into a rental house for 3 months while we rebuilt! We were sure lucky to have such skilled parents to help us!

15. My parents moved me (Kicking and Screaming) to Arkansas when I was 15! Little did I know then, but it was a good thing!

16. I don't watch much TV or movies. Not because I don't want to, I just don't ever really have the time!

17. I graduated and started college when I was 17! I attended ASU and have been here ever since!

18. I hate Daylight Savings Time! I wish it could be sunny 18 hours a day!
19. I've owned a home since I was 19. When John and I first got married, we lived in his apartment for 3 weeks before we closed on our first home. So I basically went from my dorm to home ownership!
20. I love to get things on sale! Great deals give me a high!
21. I love shopping for myself! But just like the TV thing...and the money obsession...and having 3 constantly growing, little girls, I really don't get to do that anymore!
22. But, I have found a new way to get a little shopping thrill! I've just recently discovered how to use the grocery sale ads to save money! On my last shopping trip I was able to save $40.00, just by price matching the ads!
23. I have great friends!

24. I have wonderful parents!


25. I have a sweet, caring husband!


26. I want my children to grow up to be good, kind, strong people! I fear for them having to grow up in such a scary world!
27. I love to see and play in the snow! But, about a week of it is enough for me! Bring on the warm weather!
28. I'm realizing how much I LOVE my digital camera! Scanning in pics is a pain!
29. I sleep with the TV on. I guess since I don't get to watch much during the day, I catch up while I sleep!
30. I have pretty easy pregnancies!

31. For the most part, I'm doing exactly what I dreamed I'd be doing when I grew up! Being married and raising a little family is what I always wanted to do!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Nice to go down memory lane:)have a great year